Thanks to its robust design and ease of use, the colour meter COLORTEST II has become a standard measuring instruments for determining the colour value of coffee. The device convinces with precise and reproducible measuring results.
The measuring principle
The COLORTEST II illuminates the sample with monochromatic light from a semiconductor light source. A photo-receiver measures the amount of light reflected by the sample. From a series of individual measurements, the downstream electronic system determines the average value and displays it.
The product is heaped onto the sample dish and levelled using the sample preparation device supplied with the colour meter. The dish is placed under the measuring head and the colour value of the sample can immediately be read from the display.
- Easy to use
- Non-contact measurement
- No cleaning required
- Excellent reproducibility of the measured values
- Large measured spot diameters
- No extraneous light influence
- Easy and precise adjustment of sensitivity and reference point by means of a potentiometer
- Sample preparation device
- Interface for data transfer to the PC
- Optional software package for measured data management
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 180 x 270 x 210 mm
- Weight: 1.8 kg
- Power supply: 110 to 250 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 8 VA
- Measured spot diameter: approx. 70 mm
- Measured value display: digital
- Measuring principle: reflectance measurement, monochromatic
- Light source: infrared semiconductor laser
- Data output: serial interface RS 232
- Scope of supply: mains cable, screwdriver for adjustment, 2 colour references, 10 sample dishes, sample preparation device